What if…

Başlatan hennessy, 16 Haziran, 2012, 10:09:45

« önceki - sonraki »

0 Üyeler ve 1 Ziyaretçi konuyu incelemekte.

hennessy

Sayın Berk Uralcan maili olmadığı için izin alamadım türkçe çevirisini yayınlamıyorum.Ondan ingilizce bölümlerini yayınlıyorum sadece çok ilginizi çekecek Marvell bir zamanlar nerde ise DC satın alıyormuş ufak bir çizgi roman firması dava açarak bunun tekelleşme olacağını öne sürerek engellemiş düşünsenize Batman-Daredevil çizgi romanı nasıl olurdu?..........

SUPERMAN – First Marvel Issue!
Sometime in February, 1984, my secretary (it was okay to say "secretary" in those days) the wonderful Lynn Cohen told me that Bill Sarnoff was on the phone. Not his secretary, Bill Sarnoff himself, holding for me.

Great Scott!

Bill Sarnoff was the Big Cheese, I forget his exact title, of the publishing arm of Warner Communications. Among the operations under his purview was DC Comics.

Bill introduced himself, as if that was necessary. What he wanted to talk about was licensing the publishing rights for all DC characters to Marvel Comics.

Holy hegemony, Billman!

Bill said, more or less, that Marvel seemed to be able to turn a substantial profit on publishing comics, as opposed to DC, which consistently lost money, a lot of money, and had for a long time. On the other hand, LCA (Licensing Corporation of America), Warner's licensing arm did very well with the DC properties, while Marvel "didn't seem to do much licensing."

I guess the few million a year we made from licensing, mostly from Spider-Man, seemed paltry to him, what with the fortune that just their big four, Superman, Batman, Robin and Wonder Woman brought in.

I told him I thought Marvel would be very interested, and that I would discuss it with Marvel's President, Jim Galton.

So, I did. I told Galton about my conversation with Sarnoff. Galton said he'd give Sarnoff a call.

The next day, I went upstairs, poked my head into Galton's office and asked whether he'd called Sarnoff and, if so, how that went?

Galton said he told Sarnoff we weren't interested.

I was stunned. Why not?!

Galton said—and this is prima facie evidence of the fact that he missed Comic Books 101 in publishing school—since DC books weren't selling, "those characters must not be any good."

Great Krypton!

Trying not to sound too crazed, I explained that they were great characters and that the DC editorial people were, frankly, doing a pretty poor job with them. And that we could do better. A lot better.

I talked him into calling Sarnoff back and telling him we'd give it some thought.

I left his office with instructions to put together a business plan and present it to Joe Calamari, Executive V.P. of Business Affairs.

It took me about three days to put together a presentable plan.

The first part of the business plan was the publishing plan. I decided that we should launch with seven titles and build from there, if all went well. The titles were:

SUPERMAN
BATMAN
WONDER WOMAN
GREEN LANTERN
TEEN TITANS
JUSTICE LEAGUE
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES

I projected that we would sell 39 million copies the first two years generating a pre-tax profit (gross revenues less cost of goods sold, royalties, staff, SG&A, etc.) of roughly $3,500,000.

That was huge money for a comic book publisher in 1984.

That was with just the original seven titles—no expansion of the line—though if we were doing that well, obviously, we'd add titles. Slowly and carefully, if I had anything to say about it.

I anticipated adding one editor, two assistants and one production person to start.

I presented the plan to Joe Calamari, as ordered. Here's my cover memo:

Calamari enthusiastically endorsed my plan.

Galton was still skeptical. He thought my projections were crazy high. He sent the plan to the circulation department to review.

Somebody leaked. Rumors spread.

My first clue was when John Byrne showed up in my office one day with his cover for...

It wasn't a sketch. It was a cover. Might even have been inked, I forget. I don't have a copy of the thing, but I'll bet Byrne still has the original. Somebody should ask him to display it on his site if he hasn't already.

He had a story worked out, too, as I recall. He reallyreallyreally wanted to do Superman.

I think I remember Byrne telling me once that he had watched the first Superman movie over 1,100 times.

Anyway....

When the circulation department said they had completed their analysis of my plan, Galton called a meeting to discuss it. Besides Galton and me, Ed Shukin, V.P. of Circulation and Direct Sales Manager Carol Kalish were present. I don't think Calamari was there. V.P. of Finance Barry Kaplan might have been.

Galton asked what Shukin's take on my numbers was. Shukin said the numbers were "ridiculous." Galton sort of smirked at me.

"We'll do more than DOUBLE these numbers," Shukin said.

Oh, my stars and garters!

And so, negotiations with Sarnoff began in earnest. I was a spectator at that point. The suits took over.

However....

Very soon thereafter, First Comics launched a lawsuit against Marvel Comics and others, alleging anti-trust violations, among other things.

One test of anti-competitive market dominance is market share of 70% or more. At that time Marvel held a nearly 70% share, 69-point-something. DC was around 18%.

I think it's safe to say that when you're being sued under anti-trust laws, it's a bad time to devour your largest competitor.

On the other hand, there is the "we-have-a-clue-and-they-don't" or "superior acumen" defense. We considered arguing that defense and pressing on with the deal.

But, no. Ultimately, the suits and lawyers decided to play it safe and backed away from the DC deal.

Jeepers!

P.S. First's suit was nonsense. They alleged that we had flooded the market. Our actual increase in releases published during the "flood" year from the year before? Six. Six issues, not series. They alleged that we had used our dominance to fix prices with World Color Press to inflate their costs. In discovery, it came out that we were paying more than they were! (And that news made Galton and the print production people very peeved!) Etc.

Anyway....

I'll write more about the First suit someday. Enough about that for now.

Net result, no SUPERMAN –First Marvel Issue! Too bad. It would have been fun.
SUPERMAN – First Marvel Issue – Byrne's Plot
JayJay here. Jim wrote, in a previous blog entry, about the time in 1984 when Marvel Comics was negotiating with DC to publish Superman comics among others. Read that original entry here. John Byrne had submitted a plot to Jim for the first Marvel issue of Superman. Many of our readers have been curious about that plot, so as he promised last week, here is more information.

It Isn't Fair...

...to show the actual plot here. Sorry if you're disappointed. Though he gave me a copy (in 1984), it's Byrne's story. Maybe he'll publish it.

Doesn't mean I can't tell you the tale in my own words, as faithfully as possible.

The Story

The first chapter is entitled "KRYPTON."

As in the classic origin, scientist Jor-El has discovered that his world, the planet Krypton is going to explode sometime soon.

Could be today, any day, but surely within a month.

Jor-El is a member of Krypton's ruling "Council of Twelve." Warning tremors shake the Council room, but the other members refuse to believe the danger is real. Jor-El is angry. Let them all die, then!

At home, Jor-El talks things over with his wife, Lara, who is six months pregnant. He has a plan to save her and their unborn child, at least, to which she tearfully agrees.

He was hoping that a large spacecraft might be built, big enough to save a "major portion" of the population, but time has run out. He has built a small "model" of the big ship he proposed, just large enough to hold one adult. He intended to pilot it himself on a "test flight," but forget that. The untested little ship must carry Lara off world and safely away from Krypton's catastrophic demise. There is no other way.

Jor-El makes preparations with frantic haste. As Krypton is rocked by its violent death throes, Jor-El and Lara say their last good-byes.

The launch must be timed perfectly.

Jor-El knows that Lara and fetus will become super-powerful as they are affected by the rays of the yellow sun where they're headed. He also knows of an "additional factor" as well that will help them survive on the world that is their destination. Timing of the launch is critical to this mysterious factor.

At the perfect moment, Jor-El waves to Lara in the little ship and launches the rocket. Lara looks back at dying Krypton—which explodes, sending forth a burst of "searing radiation"—the mysterious, additional factor, maybe? John doesn't say. Lara feels the radiation affecting her just before the rocket enters hyper space.

The hyper-light-speed journey takes three months.

The second chapter is entitled "SMALLVILLE."

Earth, the USA, somewhere out in the sticks, fifty-something Jonathan and Martha Kent are riding along in their pickup truck. They're farm people, good people. They witness the little ship launched months ago by Jor-El crash in a field.

They run to investigate.

Jonathan pulls badly-injured Lara from the wreckage. Right then and there, with the Kents' help, she gives birth. The child, a boy, yelps when Jonathan slaps him on the butt. He seems unharmed and healthy. Just before she dies, Lara names the boy Kal-El.

The childless Kents decide to keep the baby as their own. They name him Clark.

They successfully convince friends and neighbors that 50-some-year-old Martha had been pregnant, but they'd kept it secret.

No mention of what became of the wreckage of the ship or Lara's body.

At the age of two, at Clark's birthday party we are introduced to the Langs, friends of the Kents, and their infant daughter Lana.

Clark begins to demonstrate fantastic strength, but only the Kents see.

At age ten, Clark is attacked by a bull while crossing a pasture. The bull does its best to kill him, but cannot harm Clark. His clothes are not so lucky. They're shredded. Clark flips the 1,000 pound bull over his head, then runs home to tell mom and dad about the event. The bull, by the way, is okay.

Jonathan and Martha caution Clark to keep these things he can do secret, lest government or military people find out and come to take him away for who knows what purposes.

At age fifteen, while playing with his dog, Clark discovers he can defy gravity. The dog playfully leaps at him, knocking him backward a few steps. Instead of falling into the drainage ditch behind him, though, Clark finds himself hovering over it. After a little practice, he learns to fly.

Meanwhile, Jonathan (in his late sixties at this point) is trying, with two other men, to physically pull a tractor out of some mud it's stuck in. The exertion triggers a heart attack and Jonathan dies.

The third chapter is entitled "METROPOLIS."

Years later, after graduating at the top of his class from "journalism school," Clark is hired as a reporter by Perry White, Editor in Chief of the Daily Planet in Metropolis. He meets "brash" Jimmy Olsen, a cub reporter, and Lois Lane. Byrne describes her as "...beautiful, but in a city-slick, used sort of way, tousled and vaguely rough at the edges." She's the type who would curse a lot. Clark is "instantly infatuated." She welcomes Clark.

Lois and Clark, both superb reporters, become not-so-friendly rivals, despite Clark's infatuation. He allows her to win, to get the story first sometimes.

Perry White urges Clark to try harder. Women and children first is for lifeboats (or little rockets, I suppose). White somehow knows a big story is about to break and tells Clark to go get it.

The next day the President is taken captive by terrorists. Lois investigates by traditional means. Clark surreptitiously uses his super powers to locate the farmhouse where the President is being held and alerts the authorities. They storm the place. Five people die in the raid and the President is gravely injured.

Clark realizes that if he'd handled it himself, he could have saved the President without any loss of life.  The little light bulb goes on....

He talks it over with his adoptive mother, Martha. They agree that he should stop hiding his powers and use them for good. To protect those close to him he has to keep it secret that he, Clark, is the hero he now means to become.

When he was a kid, Martha made him wear glasses he didn't need to make him "more human." (?) He'll start wearing glasses again to help disguise himself when he's Clark Kent. A point of difference from his hero self.

Martha, anticipating this day, long ago bought red, blue and yellow cloth from which to make a costume.

Apparently, as Clark aged, he developed...something...an "aura," perhaps, that more and more protected his clothing when he did super things. So, she will make him a skin-tight uniform to take best possible advantage of that.

The fourth chapter is entitled "THE MAN OF TOMORROW."

Sometime later, a caped, costumed figure breaks up an armored car robbery and frees hostages. Bullets bounce harmlessly off of his chest. He turns the miscreants over to police and flies away.

The caped man spectacularly rescues a stuck tramway car.

Then he pulls subway cars full of people from a collapsed tunnel. Lois Lane is there, reporting. She reaches the caped man before he can fly away. She doesn't recognize him as Clark.

She is as attracted to this caped hero as Clark was to her.

Lois wants to tell this mysterious hero's story. She asks him questions, which he answers. This will be her greatest coup ever as a reporter. Sorry, the caped man says, he's already given his story to someone else, Clark Kent. He flies away.

Elsewhere, later, a shadowy figure watches television news accounts of the exploits of the caped man.  He reads the Daily Planet article by Clark Kent, which has the bold headline: "SUPERMAN! MYSTERY HERO PROMISES TO BATTLE FOR TRUTH, JUSTICE AND THE AMERICAN WAY.

The shadowy figure is criminal mastermind Lex Luthor, who decides that he's going to have to get rid of this Superman.

Linkler

Jim Shooter'ın yazısı: http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/08/superman-first-marvel-issue.html
Jim Shooter'ın "Superman: First Marvel Issue" özeti: http://www.jimshooter.com/2011/10/superman-first-marvel-issue-byrnes-plot.html
Murat : Hasan abi Avengers dağılmış duydun mu?
Hasan: Duydum duydum toplanın Tellioğulları

berkuralcan

Öncelikle duyarlılığınıza çok teşekkür ederim, keşke herkes yazıları kopyala - yapıştır yapmadan sizin kadar düşünceli olsa.

Ama tabi burası için sorun yok, o yüzden AltEvren'deki veya herhangi başka bir yerdeki yazıyı ben paylaşmasam bile buradan paylaşabilirsiniz, ben mutlu olurum açıkçası :)

Yazının tamamı şu şekilde, resimli ve vurgulu olarak şu linkten de okuyabilirsiniz, resim koyarak burada ağırlık yaratmayayım hiç: http://altevren.net/index.php/oezel-dosyalar/329-what-if

Bildiğiniz gibi, Marvel'ın eğlenceli bir serisi vardır, "What if?" isimli. "What if?" kabaca çeviriyle, "Ya..." anlamına geliyor -- Marvel'ın şu an yayınlanmayan bu geleneksel serisi, Marvel Tarihinde gerçekleşmeyen, fakat gerçekleşse enteresan olabilecek konuları işleyen enteresan bir seri. "Ya Spider-Man Fantastic Four'a katılsaydı?"; "Ya Uncle Ben değil de Aunt May ölseydi?", "Ya Norman Osborn Siege'i kazansaydı?", vesaire, vesaire.

Bu yazıda bu seriden bahsetmeyeceğim – fakat çizgi roman endüstrisi ile ilgili son derece enteresan bir "What if?" sorusu soracağım. "Ya Marvel, 1984 yılında, DC Comics'i satın almış olsaydı?"

Muhtemelen bu soru size pek bir anlam ifade etmedi. Marvel, koskoca DC Comics'i nasıl satın alıyor? DC, baş düşmanı tarafından alınmaya nasıl razı oluyor? Neden spesifik olarak 1984? Bunların hepsi de makul sorular. Ben iyisi mi, başlamadan önce size düne kadar neler bildiğimi anlatayım:

DC Comics, 1930'ların sonunda süper kahraman olayını başlatan ve uzun süre popüler kalan bir şirket olsa da, 1960'larda Marvel'ın art arda gelen atakları sonucunda sektördeki gücünü kaybetmiş ve batma raddesine gelmişti. 1969 yılında da, bugün hala bünyesinde bulunduğu Time Warner tarafından satın alınmıştı. Bunu hepimiz biliyoruz.

Biraz daha enteresan olan ve "Marvel – DC ve Satın Alma" üçgenini ilgilendiren olay ise, Marvel'ın 1969 yılında, Time Warner'dan önce, DC'yi satın almaya çalışmış olması, fakat bunu başaramamasıydı. Yani Marvel'ın 1960'ların sonunda böyle bir girişimi olmuş, fakat herhangi bir sonuca bağlanmamıştı.

Ben bunu tam olarak nerede okuduğumu hatırlamıyorum, fakat kafamda hep bir "Marvel, DC'nin batmakta olduğunu görünce öyle acaba alsak mı diye bir baktı, sonra bunun iş açısından çıkarlı bir durum olmayacağına kanaat getirdi, veya Time Warner'ın teklifini geçemedi, veya başka bir nedenden dolayı almamaya karar verdi, Time Warner alınca da bu iş burada noktalandı, DC de Warner'ın desteğiyle yeniden iki ayağı üzerinde durabilmeye başladı" fikri mevcuttu.

Ta ki düne kadar.

Meğer, bu olay 1970 yılında noktalanmamış. Marvel ile DC arasındaki satın alma muhabbetleri çok uzun süre sonra, yeniden gündeme gelmiş. Üstelik, Marvel DC'yi almayı bir opsiyon olarak falan düşünmemiş, her şey halledilmiş ve olayın gerçekleşmesi sadece saçma sapan bir olay nedeniyle mümkün olmamış. Kısacası, Marvel az kalsın DC Comics firmasını ciddi ciddi satın alıyormuş.

Hikayeyi daha iyi anlamak için, Marvel'ın genel yayın yönetmenliğini de yapmış olan Jim Shooter'ın, Marvel'da çalıştığı dönemlerde, 1984 yılında DC'nin satın alınması konusunda yaşadıklarını anlattığı yazıyı incelemek istiyorum. Gelin bakalım neler olmuş...

1- Şubat 1984'de, Warner şirketinin yayıncılık konusundaki en yetkili isimlerinden Bill Sarnoff, Marvel Comics firmasını, Jim Shooter'ı aramış. DC'nin satışlarının çok kötü gittiğini (ve uzun zamandır da çok kötü gitmekte olduğunu) söyleyen Sarnoff, çizgi romanlardan bir şekilde ciddi bir miktar para kazanmayı başarabilen Marvel'a, DC Comics'in tüm karakterlerinin yayın haklarını teklif etmiş!

Yani, kısacası satın alınma teklifi, Fanatik vasıtasıyla "Başkanım beni al" diye haber gönderen futbolcular gibi DC'den gelmiş – "Marvel beni al" şeklinde!

Marvel'da yayınlar konusunda en yetkili kişi olsa da, böyle bir karar almaya yetkisi olmayan Shooter, Marvel'ın mutlaka bu teklifle yakından ilgileneceğini, bu tekliflerini Marvel'ın o sıralardaki başkanı Jim Galton'a ileteceğini belirtmiş.

2- Ertesi gün, ofise geldiğinde Galton'un ofisine uğramış ve ona Sarnoff ile teklif hakkında konuşup konuşmadığını sormuş. Galton ise, Sarnoff ile konuştuğunu ve ona teklifleriyle ilgilenmediğini açıkladığını söylemiş! Shooter kendisine afal afal bakınca da, "E madem bu adamlar satmıyor, demek ki karakterlerinde iş yok, neden alalım ki?" diye mantık yürütmüş.

Yani, koskoca Marvel'ın başkanı, DC'nin satamamasının nedeninin, Batman'in, Superman'in, Green Lantern'ın, Robin'in, Wonder Woman'ın, Flash'in yetersiz karakterler olmasından kaynaklandığını düşünmüş!

Shooter, hemen araya girerek DC karakterlerinin kötü olmadığını, sadece DC'nin onları doğru kullanamadığını açıklayan bir konuşma yapmış ve onu Sarnoff'u tekrar arayarak tekliflerini düşüneceklerini söylemeye ikna etmiş. Daha sonra da, DC Comics karakterlerini nasıl kullanacaklarını öngören ciddi bir plan hazırlamaya girişmiş!

3- Jim Shooter, sadece yedi dergi ile başlayıp, bunun üstüne gitmeyi planlayan bir yol haritası çizmiş:

SUPERMAN
BATMAN
WONDER WOMAN
GREEN LANTERN
TEEN TITANS
JUSTICE LEAGUE
LEGION OF SUPER HEROES

Ve planının ekonomik olarak – yeni dergiler hiç çıkmasa bile – en az 39 milyon adet satacağını, ve Marvel'a 3.5 milyon dolardan fazla net gelir getireceğini hesaplamış. 1984 yılı için çizgi roman satarak kazanılmak için hiç de fena bir rakam değil!

İnternetin en sevdiğim özelliklerinden birisi, birinci el kaynaklara kolay ulaşım sağlaması. Bu bilgilerin yalan olmadığını nereden biliyoruz? Jim Shooter'ın uydurmadığını nereden biliyoruz? İşte cevabı!

[Yukarıdaki mesajda görebileceğiniz sayfa]

İşte Jim Shooter'ın Joe Calamari'ye konu ile ilgili fikirlerini sunduğu belge. Jim Shooter, DC'nin satışlarının "utanç verici durumda olduğunu", "karakterlerinin potansiyeli olduğunu ve bu potansiyelden çok para kazanılabileceğini", "Warner'ın lisanslardan para kazanmaya devam edeceğini" ve Marvel'ın da "kendi çizgi romanlarını bozmadan DC'leri de basarak çok daha fazla para kazanabileceklerini ve DC "irritation"ını (sıkıntısını, rahatsızlığını) ortadan kaldırabileceklerini" söylüyor özet olarak.

Fakat! Asıl ilginç olan "I suggest that" şeklinde başlayan dördüncü paragraf. Shooter, burada DC karakterlerini aynı Star Wars karakterlerini kullandıkları gibi kullanmayı, yani sadece yayın haklarını alıp, lisans haklarını Warner'da bırakmayı öneriyor. Parantez içinde belirttiği kısımda ise, lisans haklarının DC'ye bırakılması konusunun "birkaç sene önce onları satın almak için teklif yaptığımızda onların kesinlikle ısrarcı olduğu bir konu" olduğunu belirtiyor! Shooter'ın "birkaç sene önce" dediği şey, 15 sene önceki 1969 satın alma konusu olabilir mi?

Mümkün değil! Çünkü "birkaç sene önce teklif yaptığımızda" diyerek kendisinin açıkça Marvel'da olduğu bir dönemi kastediyor – fakat 1969 yılında kendisi Marvel'da değil, DC'de çalışmakta. Bu da ne demek? 1969'daki satın alma girişiminden sonra, ve 1984'de "Başkanım bizi al" muhabettinden önce – Marvel en az bir kez daha DC'yi satın almaya çalışmış!

4 – Bundan sonra, Shooter'ın planları Marvel'ın finans uzmanlarına gönderilmiş. Pek çok kişinin konu hakkında fikri alınmış. Yukarıdaki belgenin (ve ataçla eklenmiş geri kalan sayfaların) gönderildiği Calamari konuya çok pozitif yaklaşırken, başkan Galton bu kadar yüksek rakamlara şüpheyle yaklaşmaya devam etmiş. En sonununda, nihai bir toplantı düzenlenmiş. Galton, konuyu inceleyenlerden Ed Shukin'e Shooter'ın önerdiği plandaki satış rakamları hakkında ne düşündüğünü sormuş.

Shukin, bu rakamların saçmalık olduğunu söylemiş! Ve tam olaya şüpheci yaklaşan Galton zafer edasıyla gülümseyecekken, "bunların en az iki katını satarız" diye ekleme yapmış.

Ve tüm bu olayların sonunda, Galton sonuçta DC karakterlerini satın almanın mantıklı bir hareket olduğunu kabullenmiş.

5 – Hatta, Marvel ciddi ciddi hazırlıklara da başlamış. Bu dönemde Marvel'da Fantastic Four'u yazmakta olan John Byrne, Superman'in ilk sayısı için senaryoyu yazmış ve hatta ilk sayının kapağını da çizmiş. Shooter, yazısında kapağın bir taslak falan olmadığını, basım için hazırlanmış, tamamlanmış bir kapak olduğunu ve hatta renklendirmesinin bile yapıldığını hatırladığını söylüyor – ki bu da, şu an dünyanın bir yerinde Marvel Comics tarafından basılmak için hazırlanmış profesyonel ve resmi bir Superman kapağı olduğunu gösteriyor – ki tüyler ürpertici derecede muhteşem bir durum bu.

Shooter sitesinde Byrne'ın kapağı hala sakladığına emin olduğunu söylüyor. Bu yazıdan birkaç gün sonra da, Marvel Superman'in ilk sayısının senaryosunun birkaç satırını yayınlamış – ve Byrne'ın işini ondan izinsiz yayınlamanın saygısızlık olacağını söyleyerek – dört bölümlük bu hikayeyi kendi kelimeleriyle uzun uzun özetlemeyi tercih etmiş.

Marvel'ın Superman'in birinci sayısı olarak basmayı planladığı çizgi roman, temel olarak Superman'in orijinini anlatıyor. Krypton adlı bölüm ile başlayıp, önce "Smallvile", sonra "Metropolis" ile devam eden çizgi roman, Clark Kent'in Metropolis'te Superman'liğe başladığı Man of Tomorrow bölümüyle sona eriyor. Bu dört bölümlük Superman orijinin DC'den en büyük farklı ise, Superman'in Krypton'da doğmaması. Kal-El, Dünya'ya annesinin karnında geliyor – ve annesi dünyada doğum yaptıktan sonra ölüyor. Kent ailesi Clark'ı alıp yetiştiriyor fakat, doğum sırasında ölen annesi ve onları Dünya'ya getiren uzay gemisi esrarengiz bir şekilde yok oluyor.

Aşağıda bu özetin tamamının linkini de paylaştım, ona da bakabilirsiniz.

Asıl konumuza geri dönelim.

6- Bu olay, yani Marvel'ın DC karakterlerini basmaya başlaması, neden gerçekleşmemiş?

Ne yazık ki, olabilecek en saçma nedenlerden birinden dolayı. DC satmak, Marvel almak isterken, ve iki şirket anlaşmaya, bir taraf çizgi romanları bile hazırlamaya başlayacak kadar yakınken, First Comics adlı ufak bir çizgi roman firması, Marvel'a dava açmaya kalkmış.

First, bu DC muhabettinden tamamen ayrı olarak, Marvel'ın rekabeti öldüren hareketlerde bulunduğunu ve bir tekel haline geldiğini, serbest piyasa ortamını illegal olarak manipüle ettiğini iddia etmiş. Marvel'ın bu dönem çizgi roman piyasasındaki pazar payının %70 olduğu düşünülürse (ki oha denecek bir rakam tabi), her ne kadar gerçek dışı olsa da bu konunun uzun uzadıya incelenmesi gerekmiş.

Ve tabi ki, Marvel'ın önde gelenleri, serbest piyasa ortamını yok etmekle, rekabeti öldürmekle suçlanırken; en büyük rakiplerini yutmanın yapabilecekleri en kötü hamle olduğu konusunda hemfikir olmuşlar.

Ve sadece bu tesadüf yüzünden, DC Comics firmasının tüm karakterlerini yayınlama hakkını ele geçirme durumu suya düşmüş.

Yazının adını What if... koymamın mantığını muhtemelen görmüşsünüzdür. İnsan "Ya bu olay gerçekleşseydi?" diye düşünmeden edemiyor. Marvel'ın DC'yi satın almasının sensasyonel bir olay olması bir yana, 1984'ün çizgi roamn açısından da enteresan bir yıl olması gerçeği var ortada.

Mesela, bu olaydan sadece birkaç ay sonra çıkmaya başlayan Secret Wars serisine, DC karakterleri de dahil olabilir miydi? Marvel ve Daredevil'deki işleriyle ünlenen Frank Miller, bu sene DC'ye gitme şansı olmasa, Marvel'da hem Marvel, hem DC karakterleriyle neler yapardı? Miller'dan ortak bir Batman – Daredevil macerası görmek gibi muhteşem bir durum yaşayabilir miydik? Başta DC karakterleri ayrı olarak devam etse de, DC ve Marvel için ortak bir evren görür müydük? Marvel, DC'nin geleneksel karakterlerini nasıl kullanırdı?

Ve tabi bunca iyi gözüken olayın yanı sıra... Sadece iki sene sonra yayınlacak olan Watchmen, DC'nin tüm yayın hakları Marvel'ın elinde olsa, mümkün olabilir miydi? Peki ya yine aynı sene yayınlanacak The Dark Knight Returns? Vertigo çizgi romanları ortaya çıkabilir miydi? DC ve Marvel'ın ortak gücüyle başa çıkması gerekecek olsa Image Comics kurulabilir miydi?

Her What if? çizgi romanı bir paralel evrendir. Yani kapaklarında "Ya öyle olsaydı?" diye sormalarına rağmen, aslında basitçe "Ya öyle olsaydı?" diye sormazlar, gerçekten olayların o şekilde cereyan ettiği alternatif evrenlere bakarlar. Ben şahsen, Marvel'ın bu satın almayı gerçekleştiği paralel evreni bir görmeyi isterdim.

hennessy

Alıntı yapılan: berkuralcan - 16 Haziran, 2012, 19:00:20
Öncelikle duyarlılığınıza çok teşekkür ederim, keşke herkes yazıları kopyala - yapıştır yapmadan sizin kadar düşünceli olsa.

Ama tabi burası için sorun yok, o yüzden AltEvren'deki veya herhangi başka bir yerdeki yazıyı ben paylaşmasam bile buradan paylaşabilirsiniz, ben mutlu olurum açıkçası :)

Teşekkür ederim berkuralcan ayrıca http://altevren.net/index.php sitesini takip ediyorum güzel bir siten var tebrik ederim.
Murat : Hasan abi Avengers dağılmış duydun mu?
Hasan: Duydum duydum toplanın Tellioğulları